Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Two days . . .

. . . and counting.

My goal this month has been to workout more, and I have to admit that I didn't start off very well. I have been moving more; walking, hiking a bit, and doing short bouts of push-ups and sit-ups, but I really wasn't exerting myself, if you know what I mean.

Long story short, I had a horrible nightmare which pushed me to put on my exercise clothes yesterday and get started. I put my old Tae Bo DVD in the machine and turned it on. Has it really been 7 years since I've worked out? Judging by the date on the disc, yes, yes it has.

Of course, it kicked my butt.

But I went through the whole Strength Workout, without sitting down, even though I did need to slow the pace a little, and grab onto my desk for balance some of the time. I felt really good when I'd finished; it was hard, but I didn't quit. And even though I was feeling the pain this morning, I put that DVD back in and did the Power Workout.

I'm two for two - and counting. I'm going to beat this.

2 comments:

Leilani said...

Good for you! I had plans to workout hard core this year too but the body had other plans. I'll just live vicariously through your skinny jeans. ;)

Gypsy said...

Um yes....gotta feel your pain. Must be something in the air...began again myself, determined to keep with it!