Thursday, August 19, 2010

Waiting Game

A friend of mine said recently, "I don't mind change, I just hate waiting for it."

Bingo; that's me in a nutshell. I like to just get on with it! Once I know change is upon me, I'm the first one over the wall, my hat sailing merrily before me. I hate to wait; I'm a do it now sort of person.

Oh, would that I were in control of the world! Change would occur at a dizzying rate; there'd be no waiting around for things to happen. Everyone would get things done and make things happen. The word "later" would be struck from our vocabulary.

Obviously, I've not been voted Queen of the World.

Neither have I been voted Queen of my little section of it.

So, here I sit: waiting most impatiently for change of which I am not the agent; suffering through the pain of watching other people miss deadlines and procrastinate their way through things they really ought to just do. I want to get moving on this.

I am not a patient person.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The patience virtue escapes me too!

I now vote you "Queen of Your little part of the World"! (did it help?)
Well you have my vote anyway!

Hugs

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

Thank you! One down, the rest of the world to go. I had thought all of this madness would be resolved tomorrow, but it looks like it will drag on into next week, or even the week after. Ugh!!!