Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's that time again

I'm three months into my healthy living experiment; I've got one more month to go on my original plan. Although sugar still calls my name, I've been able to resist; I've eaten many, many strawberries as a substitute for candy.

Thank goodness we have a very large, and prolific, strawberry patch.

This month, I'm happy to report that a few people around me have actually noticed that I'm getting smaller; it felt really good to have others affirm my progress. I bought a pair of shorts last week; my shorts from last summer are just way too big. I felt so good about myself today that I was able to pick out - and purchase - a new bathing suit.

A bikini.

Hubby may be the only one who sees me in it for awhile, but when I got home, I threw away my old suits. I'm moving forward, and there will be bikinis in my future. I believe that I can do it, and that's a very good feeling.

This month, my goal is to keep on keeping on; to not let myself become complacent and slip back into bad habits. My goal is in sight; I'm feeling good, I finally believe that I can reach my goal, and I don't want to let the siren song of sugar lead me astray. I know that the last of the weight will take longer than a month to lose, and I'm ready to commit to four more months of healthy living.

I might even be ready to commit to a lifetime of it.

3 comments:

LLJones said...

Go Cynthia. You look absolutely wonderful! Surely sugar, no matter in what tempting form, cannot be better than the transformation in you!

Melissa Vess said...

Way to go!!! I am so very proud of you... Keep going!!!! Yea for strawberries!!!!!! ;-)

Jordana said...

Really, really fantastic! Change like this is hard. You obviously have the desire and the will, and have learned that it's a lifestyle change, not just a "diet". You CAN do this for the rest of your life :)