Thursday, March 27, 2008

Is it real or is it imagination?

Does it matter?

Today was one of those very busy, running around sort of days. I did get quite a lot accomplished, but I didn't have any time for fun. Not of the real sort, anyway. But in the spaces between the places and the things that needed doing, I pretended I was making things. I made the loveliest little tube settings I could imagine, twinkling around a lovely cab.

Except I kept changing the cab, substituting this one for that, and even incorporating some lovely stones that may well exist only in my mind. I made some fabulous imaginary jewelry today. I'm like that. I rehearse things in my mind so many times that often when I pick them up for the first time, they feel like old friends.

I solved a lot of problems today. And when the time comes to execute those tiny tube settings in metal, I'm sure I'll encounter a few more. But some of it will be very familiar; and that's one of the things that makes it so much fun to do.

No comments: