Monday, March 3, 2008

New stones!

I got some very pretty cabs the other day from Taogemstones; this was the first time I'd ordered from George, but it won't be the last. Pop over and see for yourself; his stones are lovely and he shipped very quickly. I bought some square-cut fossilized coral and charoite pairs, and an oval variscite cab. I haven't had a chance to use them yet, but I have all sorts of ideas rattling around in my head.

I'm thinking Hessonite garnets with the fossilized coral, and, if I'm brave enough, Sleeping Beauty turquoise with the charoite. I haven't put them together yet; it will either be a stunning combination or total yuck. I suspect that the variscite will complement Kingman turquoise; again, it's one of those combinations that will either sing or fall totally flat.

Why haven't I pulled them out and found out yet? Because I'm having so much fun imagining combinations; I'm not ready to make a decision yet.

No comments: