Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm in!

Yup, I've officially "taken up" bead embroidery. I've been attracted to it for a long time, but resisted until I found a marvelous book that I drooled over at the bookstore for weeks before deciding that I simply must have it. And, of course, owning the book led me to the inescapable conclusion that I really, really must take it up myself.

I suspect that this project is going to take awhile, but it really is a lot of fun. I'm not starting sensibly at all; I've jumped right to a large collar style necklace. I've barely begun; waiting for the glue to dry took longer than I'd hoped it would, so my embroidery thus far is minimal. I've gone round each of the cabs and an idea for the design is beginning to emerge.

I'm going to be beading in my dreams tonight, I just know it.

No comments: