Thursday, September 11, 2008

New patterns = more beads

Raise your hand if you knew that was coming.

This morning, I realized that I just don't have the right colors of seed beads. I've got a lot of beads; even I have to admit that. But I just don't have the range of colors to do the more subtle shadings. I really, really, don't.

Okay, end of the rationalization part of this entry. I really just wanted some new colors of seed beads for the patterns I've been churning out. They will look ever so much prettier with new colors.

So I logged on to my favorite bead supplier and went through the list, picking this one and that one; and oh, gotta have THAT one, and may as well go back and buy a couple more to get to the next discount level . . . and oh, I NEED that color, and that finish, and THIS size and THAT shape . . . they're all less than $2 a box so how bad could it be?

Yeah, that bad.

No comments: