Sunday, January 3, 2010

The tutorial that took forever!

Okay, so it wasn't forever. But it sure seemed like it! 39 diagrams later, it's finally done and listed in my Etsy Store.

I really didn't think it would be such a big tutorial; I was amazed at how many different steps there were, once I started writing them down. It's funny, but it takes a lot less time to do each step with beads than it takes to draw each step in Photoshop.

I'm trying to keep a good balance between beginning and more advanced projects in my store, but I have to admit that the beginning tutorials are a lot easier and faster to write! Well, yes, that's a big "doh!" moment; of course they are. But, even though the more advanced ones take longer, I want to keep doing them. It's a fun challenge for me to come up with more advanced projects.

Since it's a new year, I thought I'd ask you what sort of projects you'd like to see! Feel free to post a comment here, email me, or PM me on any of the forums I frequent. I can't promise to make your suggestion, but if I do, I'll give you a free copy of the tutorial!

No comments: