Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm going to have to embellish it

The muse in this round of the Use the Muse contest is flat. Not flat as in dull; it's been very inspirational for me, actually. But flat as in flat as a pancake. It has no texture, no raised areas, no crevices or bumps. It's perfectly flat.

My beadweaving is not flat.

On the contrary, this piece is turning out to be a veritable feast of texture; even areas that I thought would be flat are not. It has ruffles, peaks and valleys; I've used so many different types and sizes of beads that it has no choice but to be textural.

I'm really happy with where it is going; I love where the muse has led me. I just have one, teeny, tiny problem. The muse really doesn't fit in with all this texture. She looks, well, flat.

She needs a bead job.

2 comments:

Tatyana said...

Hi, I totally agree, she is flat in all senses of the word, actually. It took me a while to figure out what to do with it. Now, I have two ideas and one muse, but there are very similar pieces available at fusionbeads.com, so I am tempted to make a necklace and a bracelet to try out both ideas. The muse definitely needs color in my opinion, so you are right about the "bead job". HAPPY BEADING! Do you think we could post our work in progress in our blogs without showing the muse piece?
meh-crame

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

As long as you don't show the muse, it's fine to show what you are doing!

I gave my muse a "bead job" and I love the way it turned out. It just needed a wee bit of embellishing. ;P

I've added a bit more of the blue-green color to my piece, but it is turning out to be mostly black. I may add more color before it's done, however . . . .