Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The taxman

Well, I just finished making my financial statement for last year; I didn't make any money, but I didn't lose much, either. I bought a lot of beads last year; I have a hard time resisting beads. They don't cost much per bead, but it is surprising how quickly they add up over a year's time!

But the good news is that I now have a very good selection of colors; a box of beads outlasts most projects. The bad news is that the bead companies keep coming out with new colors; it's hard for me to go in with the intention of buying one box of black matte size 11° beads and not end up with a few extras in colors I've never seen before.

And don't even get me started with on-line orders! They are so very helpful about pointing me to more beads, in colors and sizes that coordinate with the beads I've just put in my cart; I must confess, I have been hooked that way more times than I care to admit.

This year, I am hoping to actually make a profit. Probably not a large one; but that's my goal. I'm forcing myself to cut back on buying new beads; so far this year, I've been pretty good about it. 

It helps that my closest bead store is a good 45 minutes away...

1 comment:

Kokopelli said...

I'm proud of me, 'cause I didn't order any beads since 2010 started. But I'm not very positive about how long that will last......;-)