Thursday, May 13, 2010

Where is love?

Do you remember the song Where is love? from the musical Oliver!? It's been running though my head a lot lately.

Although things have been fabulous on the beady front, there has been a lot of turmoil in my personal life. Someone very close to me has been having some physical problems, and, while we are very hopeful that all will be well in the end, it's been very stressful. This person means a lot to me; I know where love is. I do not want to lose him.

This song, that question, is stuck in my head because of the words of two other people who mean a lot to me; one of them told me recently that, although she may not show it, she does love me. And the other one told me that she doesn't have to do anything to prove her love; that everyone knows how she feels and that's enough. Showing, proving; what you may ask, do they have to do with love?

I've always felt that love is a verb, not just a feeling. Without showing it, without proving it, it gives nothing to the one who is loved; it only benefits the lover. I think of love as the ultimate gift; it gives joy to the lover and the loved. Show it. Prove it. Every hour of every day.

Don't wait.

No comments: