Sunday, August 12, 2012

The traveling bracelet has a fun day out

The traveling bracelet and I had a lovely day out today.  First, we met up with Marcia DeCoster, her husband, and her adorable dog, Maya, for lunch at Giovanni's in Morro Bay. Of course, Marcia got to try on Memories of Istanbul; doesn't it look great on her?

I was a bad, bad, girl at lunch; I had my favorite fried oysters and garlic fries. Marcia was much more restrained and had grilled fish; I really should have followed her example, but I could not resist. I will eat lightly tonight - and the rest of the week - I promise!

I got to see Marcia's project for Beading by the Bay, and it is even more gorgeous in person than in the photographs. The clasp is so clever; I've never seen anything like it before. I am going to be waiting by the computer, my finger on the mouse when it's time to sign up; I do not want to miss it this year!

After lunch, Dan and I drove up the coast to Cambria and took a walk around town; there was a small crafts fair in the center of town today, and we enjoyed looking at all the booths.

After the fair, we decided to stop into some of the shops: here's a picture of the traveling bracelet watching artist Patricia Griffin work on her pottery.

Her studio gallery is in a converted one hundred year old one-room schoolhouse in the heart of Cambria; the bracelet and I enjoyed watching her work and looking at the beautiful, detailed pieces of pottery that she has for sale.

I was sorely tempted by several pieces, but since I'm saving my pennies for Beading by the Bay, I decided not to make a purchase today.

Dan took this picture of me on the way home; we live "over the hill" from the beach communities, and I love this view from the road we take to go back home. You can see a little bit of the ocean behind me, the blue, blue sky, and the brown California hillsides.

The traveling bracelet enjoyed the spectacular view, too; it is my wish that it brings California sunshine and wide-open views to everyone who wears it after me.


Memories of Istanbul was made by Sig Wynne-Evans, and imbued with positive thoughts and good, healing wishes. You can learn more about the project, and see the adventures that this bracelet has had, on her blog:  The Amazing Traveling Bracelets of Positive Energy and Good Karma.

5 comments:

a2susan said...

What a delightful blog entry. I have taken classes from Marcia both on the Bead Cruise and through the Great Lakes Beadworkers Guild and I love her! I'm sure Beading by the Bay will be wonderful. The traveling bracelet you are wearing is my favorite, and I think the idea behind it is just great.

Sally Anderson said...

Sounds like a great day! Hope it was cooler than it is in LA and the valley. That bracelet is such a cool idea. I'm glad you're wearing it now.

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

Thank you! It was lovely and cool down my the beach - not so much back at home. But it's supposed to start cooling off a bit next week up here.

Cindy said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day! I love the picture of you too!

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting me! It was fun to read about your "traveling bracelet" project and see how we fit into the day. Fun times!