Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Progress report

Four more inches finished, and yes, I'm still sorting out yesterday's mistakes! My goodness, but things went awry yesterday. This necklace is one of those that looks simple, but isn't. Sort of like Jens Pind; there's a right way and a wrong way, and sometimes it is really, really hard to see which is which. But I'm entering the homestretch on this one: four more inches to go, and a clasp. I'll make something very, very simple for the clasp; I don't want anything that will call attention to itself. Most likely I'll make a gold-filled S-clasp for it.

I'm thinking of adding a few Russian leaves; I haven't decided yet. I keep going back and forth on that idea! Anyway, I have to get the main part done first.

Four more inches. Tomorrow.

No comments: