Sunday, April 13, 2008

Something to think about

So . . . how about combining maille with seed beading? I'm currently working on a piece that uses my beaded-bezel cabochons in much the same way I would use silver-bezeled cabochons; as decorative elements linked with maille. Gwen, from beAd Infinitum gave me an interesting challenge the other day: to actually integrate maille into seed beading.

Trust Gwen to think completely outside the box. She wondered if maille links could actually be part of the beaded elements; if the chain and beading could flow seamlessly together throughout the piece. I don't know yet if they can, but what a concept! That idea will be wandering around the dark recesses of my mind for quite awhile, I'm sure.

I get by with a little help from my friends!

No comments: