Monday, June 2, 2008

Another Edison moment

It's not that it didn't work at all; it just didn't work for me. I could have finished this piece; someone else could have worn it. But I just couldn't do it. First off, there was the stone. It was my birthday present from my husband. It's a stone I want to wear. And, secondly, I don't want to make something I don't like. What is the point of having complete creative control if I don't use it to make what I like?

So I ripped it all out. This is what it looks like now; next up, sort out the beads, get them all into their little containers, and toss out all the little bits of thread. Start over. Another Edison moment. I now know what not to do with this stone, and I know what not to do with my designs and labor. For better or for worse, for me, making jewelry is all about me.

No comments: