Saturday, October 25, 2008

Instant gratification

I needed a bit of instant gratification today, so I made my favorite style of lampwork earrings. They're pure simplicity: a pair of small lampwork beads, ten inches of silver wire, a torch, a pair of pliers, and about ten or fifteen minutes. Okay, so I also use a file, a bit of sandpaper and a polishing cloth. But those are a given when working with sterling, so hey, they don't count.

Anyway, I'm wearing my new earrings and feeling very spiffy.

I've still got a day or two of work to do on my current seed bead piece; the embellishing is going well, but it's not fast work. Bead embroidery on beaded netting is not nearly as quickly accomplished as bead embroidery on ultra suede; it's an entirely different way to work. This piece is getting a sculptural look; it came off the pad a bit flat looking, but it is flat no more.

Have I piqued your curiosity?

No comments: