Thursday, October 16, 2008

The purveyors of order

So you already know that order is a challenge for me, but I know a couple of people who specialize in it. Gwen Fisher and Florence Turnour are the artists behind BeAd Infinitum and they are beaders of the highest order.

Gwen even got me to step out of my chaotic box and practice a bit of order last weekend. You can see my orderly effort in their guest gallery; I took a class and learned how to make Gwen's Kepler's Star pattern. It is a wonderful weave, surprisingly easy and comfortable to make. I couldn't totally abandon myself to orderliness; I made a few teesny-weensy changes to the original pattern. Check out their tutorials; I can say with great confidence that they are very well written and illustrated.

After all, Gwen was even able to bring order out of my chaotic fingers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Cindy,
You must be in denial about your secretly ordered inner self, symmetric and organized, waiting for a chance to appear! I say again, your necklace is beautiful.
Best regards,
Florence