Friday, December 19, 2008

Free at last!

Well, okay, yes, I'm overstating this already with my title. But I have to admit, I'm really, really looking forward to lazing in bed. We moved two weeks before the kids' semester ended at their old schools, and we decided that it made more sense to have them finish out the year before changing schools. Sounds reasonable, right? But it meant hauling my sorry carcass out of bed before sunrise every day.

You see, they are in different schools, with different (and totally incompatible) start and stop times. So I ended up having to drive about 100 miles per day in order to get everyone where they were supposed to be, when they were supposed to be there. But today is the last day of the semester, and the last day of mom's taxi service.

They'll be on winter break for the next two weeks, and then they will start school again.

Locally.

I'm free!

No comments: