Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mini-vacation

We just got back from a mini-vacation to Monterey and Carmel; in Monterey we spent the day at the aquarium. Can you guess what my favorite exhibit was? Yup, I think I could have watched the jellyfish for hours. They are such beautiful things; I love the way they float through the water, undulating, tangling, and untangling with each other. They put me into a very relaxed state.

In Carmel, we wandered around the galleries; it's a lovely town, and we saw some fabulous artwork. We drove home along the coast, through Big Sur, and stopped at Nepenthe for an early supper. Much closer to home, we stopped to take a look at the elephant seals on the beach at San Simeon; it's amazing how many of them there are! We enjoyed watching them; it was the perfect end to a fun little getaway.

2 comments:

Pat de Verre said...

Bonjour Cindy,
it is so funny...a couple of hours before I was watching ours pics taken at the Monterey aquarium in summer 2005. Beleive me if you want, jellyfishes are my favourie too. I can stay hours to see them like I can stay beside the chimney during winter...

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

Pat, I only wish that there had been a bench there! LOL! If there had been, though, I doubt my family could have pried me away; I'd have been sitting there all afternoon.