Saturday, June 5, 2010

A change of scale

I do a lot of small-scale work, and it's fun sometimes to change it up and work on a much large scale. I've taken it into my head to make a copper sculpture for the garden; it will have moving parts that will, I hope, spin in the wind.

I've admired kinetic sculptures for many years, but I've been a bit afraid to work on that scale. My beaded jewelry is often on a large scale for seed beads; but with this venture, I'm talking feet, not inches. I think the finished sculpture will be between six and eight feet tall and probably about three feet wide.

Of course, I have no hard and fast plan, just a general idea of what I want to do.

I'm free-falling on this one.

Does that surprise you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not suprised at all! I think you have a heck of an imagination and this will be awesome!