Monday, September 24, 2007

In a quiet place

There is a quiet place in my life that I enter when I create; a place where time and thought cannot follow. It is, as Dali described it, a place where my hand is guided by an angel. Oh, I know what you are thinking: What gall! How dare this ordinary woman claim to be consorting with angels when she works? But it's not like that at all. The angel who guides me there does not care about the work, does not guide my hand in the manufacturing. No, it is not for the sake of improving the work that the angel takes me there.

It is for my spirit, not my work. In that place, I do the work I was made to do; not divine work, but the work of my hands and my heart. This quiet place is a gift, a very great gift. When I enter, I am given comfort and joy in my own ability to work. No matter if the work is good, bad or indifferent. The outcome is not important. The privilege of going there, is, I suspect, the only reason that I make anything.

No comments: