Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to the torch

I found another good way to make my wire last longer. Instead of making maille today, I picked up my torch and made a ring. It has been quite awhile since I've soldered anything of consequence; but it was pure joy to do so today.

My daughter had made up a design for me to work with; I decided today to give it a try. It came out okay, but not exactly what Id envisioned, and it was heading for the scrap heap when an idea popped into my head. Oh, yeah; time for something completely different. After some forging and soldering, I had a very unusual setting; perfect for one of the tiny raw diamond cubes I bought a couple of weeks ago. I used a back one; it just pops.

Yup, it's another of my unconventional rings that definitely cannot be worn while washing dishes. But there is so much more to life than washing dishes!

No comments: