Thursday, January 3, 2008

Hi-O Silver!

And away!

With new beads in my box, my thoughts turned, of course, to silver wire. My stash of silver wire is getting smaller; and, since I had a 10% discount at my favorite supplier that expires at the end of the week, I took the plunge and ordered wire in all my favorite gauges. I also ordered some wire in a couple of new gauges (for me) with the idea of making some more delicate bracelets and neck chains.

Those little square diamonds that I won on eBay are crying out to be used; but unless they are to be given a supporting role to some other stone, they will need a very fine chain to keep them from being overwhelmed. Hmmmm, perhaps I could cage them in filigree beads? The thinner wires I ordered are calling to me across the miles.

I can hardly wait for them to arrive.

No comments: