Sunday, August 3, 2008

All things work together for good

How easy it is to forget that! Recent events had left me feeling stressed and uncomfortable; instead of looking for the good in the situation, I was becoming fearful and worried. I was considering action that I was not comfortable taking; I was stuck on trying to make things turn out the way I thought they should.

Purely and simply, I was scared. I'd been sideswiped, hit blind-sided, and sucker punched by someone I trusted, by someone I thought was on my team. It hurt. I was reeling and wanted to make it stop. I didn't know what to do, but I wanted to do something, anything, to make the pain go away.

And then, suddenly, I was given the gift of knowing that all things work together for good; there is nothing I need do.

Not a single solitary thing.

No comments: