Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Arte y Pico Award


Thank you, Beading Gem and Sweetwater Designs for awarding me the Arte y Pico award. That is so cool!

Here are my picks:

Christina, of Good Quill Hunting, is my seed bead hero. Her blog, and her websites, are must-sees. Her designs are fabulous, her work is meticulous, and she is a kind and generous person, too. She's the reason I picked up seed beads again after so many years!

Jo, of Gem Haven, never fails to inspire me; both with her work, and with her words. Although we have never met, I feel that I know her through her blogging, and I would dearly love to sit down with her over tea and cake. Visiting her blog is like visiting a very dear friend.

Sue, of Subeeds, is not only a very talented seed beader, but also a real contributer to the blogging community. Sue is an activist who cares passionately about fairness. That makes her tops in my book!

Karen, from Through Karen's Eyes, knits her life into her beautiful things; her blog not only features her knitted items, but also shares her wonderful philosophy of life. I am humbled and inspired by Karen's words, and her beautiful work never fails to delight me.

And for pure, unadulterated eye candy, Lisa, of Touch of Glass Designs, gets my nod. Her peaceful, nature-inspired beads, can calm the most tortured soul. Is there any better service to perform?


Rules
1. Pick 5 blogs which you think deserves this award for creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogging community, no matter which language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award-winning has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4. Both the selected blog and the person who awarded the prize have to show the link of Arte y pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. Show these rules.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cindy - I am SO honored that this award has been given to me. How humbling it is, especially to be included in such a group of inspirational and talented people. Many blessing on you and your own inspired works of art.

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

You're very welcome, Karen! I can't wait to see who you pick!

subeeds said...

Thanks so much for the award and the kind things you said. I'm thrilled to be on a list with such incredibly talented folks such as Chris and Lisa.

Gemheaven said...

Oh my Cyndi I have been away on my hols but this was lovely to come back too :) Made me go all teary eyed - bless you :)