Friday, February 6, 2009

Musing

I've spent the last two days doing something that I can't tell you very much about.

No, it wasn't like that; it's something I'd like to tell you about, but I'm under a gag order. So I'll have to dance around it, and tell you what I can, without using any specifics. Remember the beading contest I've entered? Well, it has a fun hook; one of the kit components is titled "The Muse" and the muse must be used in the project.

Before receiving the kit, I imposed another condition on myself: not only would I use the Muse, but I would use it as a Muse, and let it inspire and guide my beadwork. Luckily for me, the Muse was a useful Muse and gave me an idea right away.

Unluckily for me, it has take two days for me to figure out how to make my idea work! I have tried so many different techniques, and picked out ever so many failures, erm, learning experiences. But I finally got it late this afternoon; I now have one square inch of my necklace finished.

Yup. One square inch.

But at least I know how to do the rest of it; and it really shouldn't take two days for the next square inch. I can't wait to show you this one; I think that keeping the details secret is going to be even harder than making that first square inch.

No comments: