Thursday, December 10, 2009

Not gonna make it in time

I started my lace piece in response to a challenge on one of the beading forums I frequent; the challenge was to make something that would be at home in a Tolkien novel.

I think you can already see the elfin nature of it, or at least I hope you can; and as I get more done, I think you'll see that it fits the costume style of the epic movies.

But the challenge entries are due tomorrow. I won't be ready; not even close. I did as much as I could today, and I realized that, in order to do what I want to do with it, I've got at least another week of work ahead of me.

I'll miss submitting it with the rest of the group, but as a personal challenge, it has been a success.

1 comment:

Kokopelli said...

Sad that you missed the challenge deadline, but I think it would be better to make the piece the way ou want it. Even if it takes you a week more.