Thursday, December 3, 2009

Why I make asymmetrical necklaces

I know that I should make both sides at the same time, doing a row on one side, then repeating it on the other, if I want to make a necklace with symmetrical neck straps; but it's hard not to get caught up in the fever of designing.

I have a tendency to want to keep going as long as the ideas are coming; making notes, and believing that I will remember whatever I don't write down. You'd think I'd know by now: by the time the first side is done, my notes turn out to be cryptic at best, and I remember nothing.

It's embarrassing, but I'm reverse-engineering my own work.

1 comment:

Zoya Gutina said...

Cindy, I think making asymmetrical necklaces is a big challenge, it's very difficult to design, to make up, to compose a nicely balanced necklace! If you do that (and you do!), that's high level! :)