Sunday, February 3, 2008

Making comfort

The way things have been lately, jewelry has just not been a priority for me. I just couldn't find the time or the energy to get anything started, let alone done. But this afternoon, I heard those vintage cabs calling to me; they wanted to be wrapped in silver a la Eni Oken; specifically, a variation on her ornate ring.

About a year and a half ago, I participated in a fun challenge; we started with an Eni Oken tutorial, and made 4-5 variations on it with the goal of creating something new, in a style of our own. I started with her ornate ring tutorial, and I had a lot of fun with it; but once I discovered maille, I more or less left wire wrapping behind.

But today I felt the urge again, and I realized how much comfort there is in it. I just made a single link today, I'm not sure what, if anything, I will do with it. For right now, making comfort is more than enough reason to wrap.

No comments: