Friday, February 8, 2008

You Dirty Rat

Umm hmm, we have just started the Year of the Rat. Not knowing much about the Chinese calendar, I did what I always do, and googled. In The Scarborough Evening News I found:
Considered a lucky creature, the Year of the Rat is seen as a prime time for self-renewal, hard work and new opportunities.

Yup, that fits.

The rat is replacing the pig, and from Chinese Astrology: Exploring the Eastern Zodiac by Shelly Wu I found:

As the last sign of the zodiac, the Pig represents "resignation" accepting human nature as it is - content to live and let live.

Yup, we've had a bit of that, too.

January was a very rough month for us, and, at least so far, February hasn't been a whole lot easier. I think things are getting better, but after all that has happened, it's hard to feel sure of anything right now. Have we seen the worst? I certainly hope so, but I really don't know.

I am, however, ready to embrace the philosophy expressed by the Year of the Rat. We could use some new opportunities, and I have never been afraid of hard work.

1 comment:

jewelrydon said...

Keep your eyes open. The Universe will provide the means for all of us to walk our paths...if we have courage to look, listen, and understand the messages that are sent to us. We are presented with doorways to the pathways to our journey...will you and I have the courage to open the door?