Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tutorial time

I've decided that my first tutorial listed on Etsy will be the earrings I made yesterday. What better way to inaugurate my store? So today, I worked on refining the pattern; distilling it to its essence and making it as sensible as possible, so that it will be easy to follow.

When I'm creating, I often change my mind as I go; the way I make my designs is usually pretty odd. Tutorials shouldn't be like rabbits, hopping all over the place and doubling back; tutorials should proceed nicely from beginning to end.

In the process, I made up some variations; I swear, I am constitutionally unable to repeat myself. Even when I want to, I find myself changing things just a little bit. But no matter. I mean, it's a good thing, right? Isn't it better to get more for your money?

I've gotten the diagrams drawn up, and tomorrow, I'll do some more editing and writing. I don't know exactly when I'll be done, but I'll keep working on it until it's good to go. So don't look for those photos right away, okay? I want to unveil them all together.

1 comment:

Must Create said...

Thanks for continuing to post,love your words as much as your jewelery
judy