Monday, January 26, 2009

What a week it was

This week has been a rather stressful one chez nous; and this weekend, I just crawled into my lair and hid out. Yup, sometimes I just need to get away from it all.

Since a Caribbean holiday wasn't in the cards, I did the next best thing. I unplugged myself from all electronic media, curled up in front of the fire, and read novels until my eyes could no longer focus. Escapism, pure and simple.

This morning, I hit the ground running. I processed two loads of laundry, cleaned out the fridge, and went back to work on the beaded piece that missed the year of jewelry contest. I also found two new contests to enter; one that the piece I'm working on will suit (if I finish it before the end of this month) and another that required me to send off for a selection of beads to use in my entry.

As with the Year of Jewelry projects, I've watched this type of contest, but never sent off for the kit so that I could participate myself. This morning, I decided it was just what I needed to break out of my doldrums.

I'll be haunting the post until my kit arrives.

No comments: