Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Big Job, little job

I seem to be settling in to a rhythm with my beading; I like to have a big job going, but sometimes I need to set it down for a bit and do some smaller things. I like the feeling of finishing too much to only do big projects; but I also like the complexity of doing a big project. This method of "beading through" seems to be working for me.

So what is my big project this time, you ask? It's another Steampunk piece. More ladylike than the other one; more delicate, with lots of crystals and pearls in it. I've got most of one strap made, and today I'm working on the focal part. It's going to be fun; it didn't work out the way I'd planned, but I like what the beads did better than I like what I wanted them to do!

It's a good thing I'm not the head designer in my process.

No comments: