Monday, April 20, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

I've got too many balls in the air right now; I know I do, but there are so many things I want to do! Luckily, I don't have any tight deadlines right now, so I'll just keep juggling.

The garden is proceeding apace; we're having a load of planting mix delivered on Wednesday, and then my son and I will attack it with our shovels and get it into the new raised beds. The weeds are taking over the rest of the yard; but I expected that. A lot of them will die when it gets hot and dry; I'll deal with them later.

On the jewelry front, I'm still working on the set of instructions for Bead and Button magazine; I'm also working on a massively huge and intricate Steampunk piece; and, as if that wasn't enough, I've also started a piece for my mom for Mother's Day. Whew. I'm not usually much of a multi-tasker, but this feels right.

Writing instructions and drawing diagrams is rather tiring; it requires a lot of concentration, and I can't do it for long periods without feeling rather frazzled. The Steampunk piece is very involved, and I don't want to rush it, either. It's one of those pieces where I need to think before I move on to the next section. My first thought is often not my best thought. Mom's present is one of those lovely relaxing things to bead; the design repeats, and I can let my mind wander a little bit while I bead.

and as for housework . . . erm, best forget about that!

No comments: