Thursday, April 16, 2009

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

It was a nice day today. Busy; but very nice. I was still on my "interior decorating" kick when I woke up this morning, so I hung a picture in our bedroom. It's one I had been meaning to hang in there, but hadn't gotten around to actually doing it. You'll be happy to know that I am much better with a hammer than with a screwdriver; the picture went up without incident.

The windows looked so nice with their new drapes and the pretty picture on the wall next to them, that I actually washed them. I don't know why I don't wash windows more often; it really only takes a minute, but it's something I just don't usually think to do. Or if I do think of it, I make a big production of it, and wash them all, inside and out. Maybe I'd do it more often if I just did a couple, like I did this morning.

Anyway, after that, I moved outside. While I was watering the trees, I pulled some weeds, and finally put the mulch down around them. I moved two more loads of dirt to the raised bed, watered my little flower garden, and called it quits.

I did a bit of beading, and then my order of little plastic flip-top boxes arrived, so I've spent the rest of the afternoon moving beads from zip lock baggies to boxes. I'm almost done. I really like these little boxes; they fit perfectly inside my bead drawers and make it very easy to see the beads. They also take up a lot less room than a pile of baggies.

Hmm, more room to store beads . . . guess I need more beads!

No comments: