Friday, September 4, 2009

Serendipity

The Tree Man in Paso Robles is one of my favorite places to shop.

It's a huge nursery and garden center run by people who love plants and gardens; they stock all sorts of things, so much, in fact, that it is often nearly impossible for me to make up my mind when I'm there.

I just keep looking, and looking, knowing that there is no way that I will actually see everything. It covers four acres of ground, and I doubt I've seen more than one acre of it so far.

But I digress.

Today I found what I wanted nearly immediately; I fell in love with a birdbath. Yes, I actually went there wanting a birdbath, and I walked out with one. That doesn't usually happen; quite often I go in there with one thing in mind, and wind up with something totally different. Of course, it's actually best to go there with nothing in mind; it's the perfect place to bring an open mind and a charge card.

This is a photo of my garden; on the right you can see my new birdbath. Yes, it's a bunch of giant mushrooms. Crazy, eh? But there is something so whimsical and magical about it; I dutifully wandered around and looked at many other birdbaths, but I somehow knew I was meant to have this one.

No comments: