Friday, September 25, 2009

Sinfully good

I made the Pioneer Woman's Apple Dumplings today, and my oh my oh my. Dangerous stuff. Totally, completely, decadent. Evil, even.

We ate them before dinner.

We might eat them again after dinner.

Let me explain: I popped them in the oven, fully intending to start cooking dinner while they baked. But my hubby was in the middle of something, and wanted to postpone dinner for a little while. No problem, I thought. What I didn't reckon on, however, was the way those dumplings smelled as they cooked. My house started to fill with the scent of buttery, buttery, sweet caramel apples.

I could not make real food while they cooked; I just wanted to inhale that delicious scent.

And when they were done . . . we just wanted to inhale them. All of us. So we did. Dinner came afterward, and the dumplings just might have to make another appearance before we go to bed tonight.

Yup, they're that good.

No comments: