Sunday, December 23, 2007

Diamonds in the rough

I've been really attracted to uncut diamonds lately; I've bid on a few, but the price has gone higher than I want to pay. I will either get out of this mood, or I will become accustomed to the price and end up paying it. I have already noticed that in each auction that I lose, I have stayed in longer, and bid higher than in the previous one.

It is a waiting game.

But, since I really don't know enough about diamonds to judge them, I don't miss the ones that get away. There is always another lot to catch my eye - and my bids - and, sad to say, they all look pretty much the same to me. I guess that's why I'm reluctant to bid high enough to buy; I just don't know enough to know what I'm getting!

But it's fun to hope I'll get some for a song. Tra la la la la!

No comments: