Thursday, December 27, 2007

Left turn!

So what did I do yesterday? Pretty much right after noticing that I was on a simple wire-wrapping kick? Yup, I took a left turn, and found myself in an opulent, Art Nouveau-Renaissance sort of mood. I really don't think that there is a lot of point in trying to catalog my own trends; the minute I notice I'm having one, I lose it altogether.  I seem to be highly resistant to keeping my trends!

But, no matter. I'd made a couple of moonstone links with lots of swirls and balls of silver quite some time ago; I used one for a bracelet, but then I lost momentum and put the other one in my tray to wait awhile.  It came out yesterday, and it is going to be a necklace with heavy silver links and pearls.  Maybe some Renaissance-y swirls and drapes; I haven't decided yet.

It isn't ornate, well, at least not yet, but it sure is opulent.  So I'll leave it at that, and see what happens next.

No comments: