Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Picky, picky, picky

OK; I'm not a kid anymore. I'm not quite old yet, but I sure am getting there. There are good things and bad things about getting older. One of the best, for me, anyway, is an increasingly relaxed attitude about things. Oddly enough, the older I get, the more I embrace imperfection. When I was younger, I really needed to be right. It mattered horribly to me, and I died a thousand deaths if gasp! someone pointed out a real, or imagined, error. Especially a small one that really didn't matter. Those were the worst.

Now I just find it mildly annoying. Probably because I know that when I was younger, I was just as ridiculous; I pounced on other peoples' errors and flaunted my superiority with the best of them. And that's still a tad embarrassing.

I guess I'm not quite old enough yet.

No comments: