Wednesday, March 18, 2009

90% perspiration

Did you ever hear that old maxim that genius is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration?

Well, today was a sweat equity day; in the garden and with my jewelry. I'm still ferrying dirt from my compost heaps to the new raised bed; it's going to take a lot of wheelbarrow trips to fill that one up! Never mind, slow but sure, I'll get there. I did six trips yesterday, and six trips today; at this rate it will take about two weeks, but it will get done. I may try to make a couple more trips tomorrow, but I don't want to do so much that I can't work for a few days! That would be pennywise and very pound foolish.

On the jewelry front, today was making the boring bits. I'm working on a new technique, and there's a lot of foundation work that needed to be done before I can get to the more exciting decorative parts. I'm not quite done with it, so tomorrow may well be a repeat of today on both fronts.

But won't it be nice when the 90% part is done and the fun 10% begins?

No comments: