I'm back in the garden again. We built a raised bed to go under the living room windows, and it's a big one! Sixteen feet long, six feet wide, and two feet deep. That's a lot of dirt!
You may remember that earlier this year, I spent a lot of time digging up grasses and weeds, turning them over, and making nice big berms of upside-down sod. The rain and the sun have done some good work on them; those berms are already decomposing! I started with my most recent one, piling the dirt and partially composted weeds into the bottom of the raised bed. I figure I'll put the older, better composted ones on top.
It's going to take awhile to fill this bed up; I barely made a dent in it today. But I'll be out there every day until it's full!
P.S. I can't dig all day, so yup, I did some beadwork. This project is probably going to take even longer to finish than the raised bed, however.