Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

That's me!

My kids are on Spring Break, but it's not much of a break for me. My daughter is volunteering at Zoo To You, and, of course, I am her chauffeur. Not that I mind, it's a wonderful organization and she's having a fabulous time with all the animals; but it does mean I have to plan my activities around dropping her off and picking her up! No bead store visits for me for the next week and a half.

I didn't get out in the yard to move my six wheelbarrows of dirt while she was gone, so I went out after I brought her home. I think I'll try very hard to get out there earlier tomorrow! It was quite warm by the time I started moving earth. But I got it done, and the raised bed is filling up, slowly but surely.

I'm still playing with the beaded beads; every time I make another one, I learn something. It is a very flexible technique; I made a five-sided bead, and it was quite stable. I'm currently working on a bead made from several different sizes and types of beads; it's great fun seeing how the bead changes when I change elements.

I'm almost ready to start working on a pattern for it.

No comments: