Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beaded beads

I was playing around today, and I think I've invented a new type of beaded bead Of course, I will have to check around to make sure than I haven't invented someone else's bead before I announce that with any certainty. This isn't the first beaded bead I've made, but it is the first one that doesn't collapse when it's strung, and it can be replicated.

Those are two important factors; this is the first time I've had both of them in one bead. All the others have either been squishy or got so complicated in an effort to make them hold their shape that they ended up being one of a kinds.

I've made three beaded beads today; two identical ones, and another with a different type of bead that ended up taking a new shape. That was pretty cool! Next up, I'll try it with a different number of beads and see what happens.

Some days it's just fun to play.

No comments: