Monday, March 16, 2009

Get over it!

I admit it; I was a metal snob. Silver and gold, that's all I wanted to use.

But I am SO over it.

Base metals are cool. I fell in love with antique brass while making my piece for the Use the Muse contest. I'd never used it before! I'd never even considered using it. Boy, was I wrong about that. Antique brass has a wonderful warmth and blends beautifully with my beads. Okay, it was not easy to solder. But I'm betting that will take practice. I don't know it very well yet.

Using brass was so much fun; now, I'm committed to using everything. Today I found some really fun base metal and crystal components, and I bought 'em. I've just spent the past hour or two incorporating them into my latest piece, and it's fabulous! They provide exactly the right touch.

Opportunities. Gotta love 'em.

No comments: