Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A new bead palette

I love setting out a new palette of beads. All those pretty colors in their cute little boxes and tubes, just waiting for me to spill them out into little piles, pristine and ready to stitch into a new project. It's my reward for being a good beader and putting all the beads from the last project back into the drawers where they belong!

I finished the spiral this morning; it's called Spring Fever and it's up on my Jewelry Tales blog. After all the false starts I made with this one, I'm well-pleased with how it ended up. There were plenty of times during the making of it that I wanted to give up; only the fact that I am as stubborn as can be kept me spiraling away.

I'm glad I finished it, but I can promise you that there will not be any spirals in the next one!

1 comment:

Must Create said...

You were so right, masses of yellow,in my favorite shade, make it glorious. Your flower is ever so much more beautiful with the shading. judy