Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ya caught me

Yup, I've been gone again. Too much going on, too much on my mind. But I can sum it up in one word:
Teenagers
I've got two of them. Sometimes things run fairly smoothly around here, and sometimes, well, they just don't. Lately it's been very much on the bumpy side. I've been planning to write, but you know what they say about good intentions. However, I just got a very nice reminder that I'm read, and missed when I don't write, so I decided to just do it, right now.

Our garden continues to grow; we're talking about getting a freezer just to keep ahead of the squash. If I freeze the excess, we'll be able to eat squash all winter long. And still have plenty to give away. The cantaloupes are continuing to grow, and I cut two more artichokes today. The tomatoes are just beginning to ripen; that will be the next deluge. Last night we made pesto with our fresh basil; tonight I think I will stuff some of the squash that got away.

It's nice to stop and think about the things that are going well.

3 comments:

Must Create said...

Thank you and stay around - purely selfish on my part. I DO read and enjoy you. The jewelry is icing on the cake and glorious it is.....

Must Create said...

Thank you and stay around - purely selfish on my part. I DO read and enjoy you. The jewelry is icing on the cake and glorious it is.....

Cat said...

"Teenagers". That word needs no further explanation for me!

Cat