Sunday, October 7, 2007

3:00 a.m. and all's well!

Well, other than the being awake part. What is it with 3:00 in the morning? Yup, I was wide awake for a couple of hours; no particular reason, my body just got a wee bit confused and thought it was time to get up. In vain did I point out that it was dark outside, that five hours is not enough sleep for me, that it was very clearly not breakfast time; I was awake, and apparently I was going to stay that way for awhile.

Nope, no big problems or concerns to resolve; nothing that needed my immediate and undivided attention; things are going as well as can be expected in a house with two teenagers and a retired husband. I'm even caught up on the laundry and the visible cleaning; those dust bunnies under the couch can breed for another day or two without running out of room under there! So I gave in, and let my mind wander. A few new designs came of it; I don't know if I will make them or not. I am terribly wasteful of designs; so many times I am entirely finished with something immediately after visualizing it. The path between imagining and creating is not always a straight one; quite often it veers suddenly.

I don't know how long I stayed awake; I don't remember falling back to sleep. But suddenly, it was light out there, and there was no more arguing with my stomach: it was breakfast time.

No comments: