Tuesday, October 16, 2007

and so it goes

Time is a very strange thing. You would think it would march forth in an orderly manner; we have numbered and cataloged it, but we have not tamed it. It's been at least a week since Sunday night, I know it has; but in reality only two days (36 hours, actually!) have passed. Time folded on me, and I went the long way around instead of skipping across the wrinkles. Thank you for your prayers yesterday; they held me up and kept me going.

So now we've settled in to walking this new road; the unpleasant will become ordinary; the unthinkable will become routine. We will live with what we never imagined we could bear, we always do. Our resilience is astonishing. What is it that we need to learn this time? I don't have any answers yet, but I am very grateful for the overwhelming urge I had a few weeks ago to clear the decks and get myself extricated from unnecessary activities and responsibilities. The Lord was looking out for me and preparing me for what I need to do now.

For that, I am very grateful.

No comments: