Sunday, October 28, 2007

Thank you

I was very touched yesterday to discover that I had been given an honorable mention by Copywrite, Ink for my Bloggers Against Abuse post, Heart's Ease. This means more to me than any other mention I've received, mostly because it was a very difficult thing for me to do. When I first heard about the Blogger's Against Abuse project, I knew I would have to join in; it was time to tell my story.

I'm not a statistic; I'm alive. I made it out, and I made a good life. Yes, I still have challenges, and life is not always easy; (as the past week or two has certainly proved!) but I know now that I do not have to suffer abuse ever again. I wanted to share my story in the hope that it might give someone else a chance to learn that, too. I faltered many times along the way; I wrote, erased, rewrote, and quit many times before September 27th. I didn't really finish writing it; I simply ran out of time.

The bead that I used in the necklace was a very strong factor in my decision to persevere; it was listed on ebay shortly after I made the decision to go public, and I could not get it out of my mind. It said everything that was in my heart, and, although the bidding was fierce, I knew I had to have it. At the very end of the auction, there was somewhere else I had to be, and I could not stay to make sure I was the winner. I put in a final bid, and left. No one else bid after me.

After that, there was no turning back.

No comments: